Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How Big Is Your God?

I hope everyone enjoyed the Memorial Day weekend break. We made a last minute decision on Friday to head down to Gulf Shores to the beach early Saturday morning to enjoy one last "break" before school ends and camp begins.

As I sat and enjoyed the wonder of the ocean from the comfort of my beach chair, I couldn't help but think about the greatness of the God that we serve. Although I've been to the ocean many times, it's majesty and wonderment never seem to diminish. It's as though each crashing wave is a constant reminder of the sheer power of our creator.

To even begin to understand that the same powerful creator who orchestrates every wave, calms every storm, and even knows the number of the grains of sand on the shores, is also my creator and is at work orchestrating every detail of my life is an overwhelming thought to me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm guilty of forgetting just how big my Savior is! I forget that he needs but to speak a word and the storms of this life can be calmed. I forget that sometimes the peace that He gives us to endure a storm is an even greater miracle than if He chose to calm the storm.

Check out this video I found on Tangle.... a good reminder for us all!


Whatever It Takes,
Chip

1 comment:

pnicolella said...

I have been following your blog and I just wanted to thank you for sharing yourself here. Your words are eloquent and thought provoking and very much appreciated!