Monday, October 27, 2008

Cold & Windy Start To The Week

Wow..... I way underestimated the sincerity of the forecasters when they called the weather for today. We had to cancel our Pumpkin Patch Party for the elementary school today because it is so cool and windy outside.

We had a great weekend.....all of the groups had a good time, everyone was safe, and I got to go to my favorite catfish place, Falls View Restaurant at High Falls and hurt myself on some fresh catfish!

I had to move my dad from the hospital to a rehabilitation center on Saturday. He wasn't very excited, and I kind of felt the same way. If you haven't been to a nursing home lately, it's easy to forget the suffering that many of our dear saints endure when the grow old. It's caused me to put a lot more thought into how I take care of my "temple" (since our bodies are God's temple) that has, at times, grown into a mega church!

Speaking of senior adults, we are hosting our annual Senior Adult Celebration tomorrow from 10am - 2pm. We will be having a tailgate party theme with some special guest and a great time of fun and fellowship for saints. This is by far one of our favorite events of the year. If you would like to participate, please call us at the office at 770-227-8966.


Whatever It Takes,
Chip Moody
VP of Operations, Skipstone

No comments: