Friday, October 17, 2008

Deep Roots... God's answer to the economic crisis

Good stuff this AM in my quiet time......

From Jeremiah 17:7-8 NLT

5 This is what the Lord says:“Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the Lord. 6 They are like stunted shrubs in the desert, with no hope for the future. They will live in the barren wilderness,in an uninhabited salty land.
7 “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. 8 They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.
9 “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked.Who really knows how bad it is? 10 But I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve.”

And check out the message from today's Psalms...
Ps. 17:8 "Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings"
Ps. 17:14 "you still the hunger of those you cherish; their sons have plenty"
Ps. 37:3 "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture"
Ps. 37:4 " Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart"
Ps. 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him"
Ps. 37:18-19 "The days of the blameless are known to the Lord, and their inheritance will endure forever. In times of disaster, they will not wither; In days of famine they will enjoy plenty"
Ps. 77:11-14 "I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds. Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples."

Why is it so hard for us to just believe what God's word says? The more I read, the more I believe that my battle lies in learning to place my trust DAILY in Him, not in my own wisdom(more a lack of wisdom really) and strength. The challenge to join God's agenda for me today and die to my own.... put down the list, walk by faith and night by sight...... good stuff

No comments: