Monday, January 12, 2009

A Week To Remember!

I was a little more quiet on the blog this week than normal. I had the awesome privilege of participating in a seven day fast with fourteen guys from my church. We started last Monday and met every day at noon this week for prayer and encouragement. It was awesome to see men laying on their faces before God praying for forgiveness and a closer walk with Jesus, and strength and wisdom to be better husbands, fathers, leaders, & friends. It was an unbelievable experience for me. It's convicting and humbling to realize how much "junk" we allow to build up in our spiritual lives. It's like when you do spring cleaning and decide you are going to change your housekeeping habits. For a lot of people, it doesn't take long for things to get cluttered up again. We clean out the garage, but somehow we aren't able to park in before long because of the junk! This was definitely one of the best experiences of my Christian life and walk with Jesus. We met yesterday afternoon for prayer and sharing, and then went out to eat together last night. Thank you Jesus for loving me in spite of me!

14 hungry men! on TwitPic

Whatever It Takes,
Chip

No comments: