Friday, January 23, 2009

Sometimes we we read a familiar passage of scripture, such as today's verses from Psalm 23, we tend not to "dig in" because we've read it so many times that we pretty much understand what it means. I caught myself doing this with Psalm 23 this morning, so I decided to read it in some other translations. I love verses 1-3!

Psalm 23 (from The Message)
A David Psalm
1-3 God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.

4 Even when the way goes through
Death Valley,
I'm not afraid
when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook
makes me feel secure.

5 You serve me a six-course dinner
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.

6 Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God
for the rest of my life.

Whatever It Takes,
Chip

No comments: