Thursday, December 4, 2008

Countdown To Christmas At Skipstone Begins!

With less than 36 hours until Christmas At Skipstone kicks off, it would Be fair to say that we are all feeling a little anxious. While the bulk of the work is done, as my grandmother would say "the devil is in the details". We still have a LOT of details to handle today in preparation for a "practice run tonight.

We added a new "pole tree" at the entrance yesterday. It's over 30 feet tall and is absolutely stunning. I built it with the new LED lights that are out this year and I must say...."I'm Impressed". It has over 2000 lights on it and almost 700 feet of wire. It will be hard for anyone to drive by without wanting to stop in for a closer look!

As I pondered and ultimately surrendered my anxious heart this morning, this verse really spoke to me....

Phillipians 4:4-7
4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

We have several items that need to be picked up today and tomorrow and we are looking for someone who can pull a trailer (we have truck & trailer) who can pick up canned drinks, an ATV, a boat, etc. If you can help, please let us know.

We also need 3-4 wired microphones and 3-4 microphone stands for our Celebration Stage. If you have access to these things that we could borrow, please call the office 770-227-8966 or email me at chipmoody@bellsouth.net .

Thank you Lord for promising peace to guard my anxious heart these next 36 hours.

Whatever It Takes,
Chip Moody

No comments: