Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend In Review!

A very special thanks to the dozens of volunteers who made our first weekend of "Christmas At Skipstone" a huge success. While we don't know exactly how many guests we had, we do know that several hundred folks were here each night. I don't think I've ever seen so many funnel cakes in my life!

Paintball The Elf was probably our most popular activity. We had a couple of our staff members cruising the lake in a pontoon boat and gave guests the opportunity to fire paintballs at "the elf". It was hilarious (at least to me, since I wasn't the elf!).

Our ziplines were packed both nights for the full four hours. I'm guessing that we had at least 400 zipline riders the first two nights combined.

The kids area was also buzzing with activity with three or four bounce units and a couple of giant slides. The little ones seemed to have a blast over there as well as riding the train around the lake and back.

The dining hall was full of vendors with some very unique handcrafted items, as well as plants, jewelery, clothing, etc. It was a great chance for a lot of our guests to pick up some great gifts.

Most of the 300,000 lights stayed lit all weekend, although I'm not sure we could have plugged in another 50 light set because we were using just about every amp of power we had!

We'll be doing it all over again this weekend if you missed it the first time. Check out the "Christmas At Skipstone" link on our homepage for more information.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Whatever It Takes,
Chip Moody

No comments: