Monday, February 2, 2009

Is Jesus All That We Need?

I had the opportunity to attend the Conclave Conference last Thursday-Saturday in Atlanta. The Conclave is an event designed to encourage and equip student pastors from churches and ministries all over the Southeast.

Several of our staff members attended primarily to be a part of the ministry expo and talk about the ministry of Skipstone to conference attendees. We had a great time, met a LOT of people, and networked with some churches that are planning some events with us later this year.

This was the third "youth conference" we have done since Skipstone was started. I'm always interested in what the "latest and greatest" minds immersed in modern day "youth culture" have to say to those of us who minister to students on a regular basis.

I don't have time to go into all that was said (maybe I can do it over several posts), but the overall theme from this year's conference was a call to those of us who work with students to be "satisfied" with Jesus, and not so intent on finding the next great "thing" to reach this generation.

Interestingly enough, God has been showing me a lot of those same things this year as I have prayed for direction and for God's vision for Skipstone. In other words, both in my personal walk, and in the life of this ministry, we should be striving towards a "everyday walk" that is immersed in Jesus!

If we can discipline ourselves to the point that Jesus is all we need.... not the accolades of men, not the "wisdom" of the world, not the logic of our own minds, and not the goals and dreams of our flesh, I believe with all of my heart that God will show us "great and unsearchable things we do not know"-Jeremiah 33:3.

Is Jesus really enough for me? Do I really believe that He is the answer to the challenges that I face everyday? Do I trust Him or do I give my problems to Him and then keep worrying about them anyway?

Psalm 62:1-2
My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

Have a BLESSED week and live for Jesus!

Whatever It Takes,
Chip

No comments: