Saturday, November 22, 2008

How's Your Name?

How's Your Name?
What if a poll about "what people thought of me" was conducted around here? I wonder how my name would do in the polls. Would people identify me with Christ? Would I been seen as generous or selfish, a giver or a taker, a friend or an enemy, genuine or fake?

Maybe the bigger question is what God thinks of my name...of me? I wonder if he was thinking of me and my battle against the flesh and my own selfish desires when he divinely inspired these words from Proverbs 20

1 A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.
2 Rich and poor have this in common: The LORD is the Maker of them all.
3 A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.
4 Humility and the fear of the LORD bring wealth and honor and life.

What a fresh reminder of what we need to spend our lives pursuing!

Whatever It Takes,
Chip Moody

No comments: