Friday, November 14, 2008

Space Center Trip Underway - Another Busy Weekend!

I talked with Shondi a couple of times yesterday, getting updates from our High School students, who are having a great time at the Space Center in Huntsville. All of the kids are behaving (so far!), and Shondi says it is really a neat experience. I'll be going next Thursday & Friday with the Middle School students (yee-haw!).

I'm picking my dad up from the nursing home today to begin his transition home. Thanks to those of you who have continued to pray for his recovery. He is much stronger and is really looking forward to getting home.

Holy Trinity Church from Peachtree City will be here this weekend with about 80 folks for a weekend retreat. These folks have been with us many times in the past and we always enjoy having them at Skipstone. Please pray for a safe and productive weekend for them.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Today's verse(s): from Psalm 73 CEV


21Once I was bitter and brokenhearted.
22I was stupid and ignorant, and I treated you as a wild animal would.
23But I never really left you, and you hold my right hand.

24Your advice has been my guide, and later you will welcome me in glory.

25In heaven I have only you, and on this earth you are all I want.
26My body and mind may fail, but you are my strength and my choice forever.
27Powerful LORD God, all who stay far from you will be lost, and you will destroy those
who are unfaithful.
28It is good for me to be near you. I choose you as my protector, and I will tell about
your wonderful deeds.

Whatever It Takes,
Chip Moody

No comments: