Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend In Review

It was another busy weekend at Skipstone......

We had a group of about 70 teenage girls and their leaders here from Challenge NA. They had a very busy weekend and enjoyed some team building and zipline rides on Saturday.

My youngest son and I went to cheer on the Pike County Pirates Friday night as they battled for the Region Championship. Unfortunately, despite leading for most of the game, the Pirates lost 21-14 and finished 2nd in the Region. They did make the playoffs, and will be playing the first ever playoff game hosted by the Pirates in school history next Friday night. Great job guys.... can't wait to have you all back at Skipstone for football camp next year!

We spent all day Saturday working on the apartment for my dad, who will be coming home from Sunbridge this week. We had to cut a door thought the brick and block walls of our basement, which turned out to be a much bigger project than I anticipated, but it's coming along nicely.

I woke up early Sunday morning with a cold (I'm sure it had nothing to do with sitting in the rain for three hours Friday night at the football game!).I coughed my way through LifeGroups and Church, but I was in need of some NyQuil on the way home! It has progressively gotten worse, so I didn't get much done Sunday afternoon, and didn't get much rest last night.

Today we are having both buses serviced in preparation for our "big" field trip of the school year. we will be leaving Thursday morning (very early) for Huntsville, Alabama for an overnight experience at the Space Center there.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Whatever It Takes,
Chip Moody

No comments: