Sunday, November 2, 2008

Weekend in Review!

Wow... what a weekend! It's Sunday night and I'm reviewing the weekend because it all went by so fast that I didn't have time to blog it!

Shondi and the kids headed out Friday after school for the Skipstone Academy Black & Gold Masquerade Party at the Pierces home. They had a good crowd and a great time...thanks Dwight & Robin for letting the middle and high schoolers invade your home.... I'm sure it will never be the same!

I went down to Barnesville to join my two radio DJ uncles for a live broadcast of the Pike County Pirates football game against Lamar County High Friday night. It was pretty cool to see the game from atop the press box and I even got a little air time on Fun 101 FM for Skipstone. The Pirates did their preseason camp here and have since gone to a school record 9-0! Next up: Callaway High School next weekend!

We welcomed a great group of singles from Intown Community Church of Atlanta for a weekend retreat at Skipstone. Shondi and I actually did some team building with the group on Saturday and had a blast. Since many of our weekend groups are teenagers and and our academy students are all kids and teens, it was kind of unusual (and pretty cool) to get to work with some young adults.... the challenges worked great and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

Today was super busy...
After enjoying our extra hour of sleep, we headed to church and then lunch at Chili's (my favorite if anyone is thinking of gift cards for Christmas!).

After lunch, we rushed home to continue some rearranging of the Moody household to accommodate the construction of an apartment in our home for my dad. He will be coming out of physical therapy and rehab soon. Please pray for us (and dad) as we make the this transition.

We were back at church from 4:30pm to 7:30pm and then here to the chapel at Skipstone for praise band practice for our kids. I must admit it does a dad's heart a lot of good to sit here blogging while my kids are praising God with their instruments and voices in the background. They must have gotten their talent from me because I don't have any and they all do :)

While I'm thankful for the extra hour of sleep last night, I'm suddenly feeling like it's bedtime, but it's really only 9:00pm. I think my body likes the old time better!

Please keep our friends, Casting Crowns, in prayer this week as they continue to minister in Europe. I read on Mark Hall's blog that he has had some voice trouble while on the tour the last couple of days. These guys (and girls) are the real deal.... just great people that God has really brought forth in a big way to be used for His glory to reach and encourage people.

Have a great week!

Whatever It Takes,
Chip

No comments: