Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Greater Things Are Yet To Come

I got a great surprise when I opened my email this morning. We've been working on some master site planning for Skipstone for the last several weeks. We are "dreaming out loud" about what we feel God wants the ministry to look like in the next several years. This morning, I got the first preliminary drawing of the main campus. I don't know why it made me so excited..... after all, it's only a piece of paper with some building footprints on it!

I think I'm most excited because now we will have a better tool to use to share with others the vision that God has placed in our hearts for Skipstone. We still have a lot of work to do on the planning, but the anticipation of getting one step closer to moving forward gave me a great jump start to the day!

I wonder how many of us give much thought to the vision that God has for us personally..... do I get as excited about fulfilling God's purpose for my life as I do about ministry and buildings? Do we realize that God has a perfect plan for our lives and that He has equipped us all with abilities and spiritual gifts that are to be used to fulfill that perfect plan?

One of my favorite new worship songs is "You're The God Of This City". It was written by a band from Northern Ireland called Bluetree. The song was born when the group had the opportunity to play in a bar near Bangkok, Thailand as part of a week long ministry effort there. It will be worth your time to read the story of what happened. The thing that I love about the song is that for us personally, in our families, in our occupations, in our relationships, and in our walk with Jesus, GREATER THINGS ARE YET TO COME! What an awesome reminder for all of us.

I came across a video of the song performed by Chris Tomlin. I was moved deeply as I thought about my calling, the vision for the ministry of Skipstone, and how even though the master plan is awesome to me, the MASTER's plans have even greater things ahead for us! I pray that you will realize that's true for every believer today!


Whatever It Takes,
Chip

No comments: